Sunday, August 26, 2012

Giving Up Soda


Today I embark on one of the toughest challenges I have ever attempted. I am giving up soda. In high school I loved my Dr. Pepper and had one a day. Then one day I switch to Diet Coke.... it was downhill from this moment. I loved the new soda- no calories and it was delicious! In college I will not lie and tell you I was even a little healthy. I lived on diet coke I even had it with breakfast. I have cut down in the past 2 years but I still have days where I drink 2-3 cokes and do not even realize it.

 My favorite: Vanilla Cream Diet Dr.Pepper

So I am really going to try to cut back (and eventually out)! This hopefully will help my wallet as well- if I spend $2.00 a day at Sonic that is $60.00 a month. My goal is to have one every now and then but not daily. 

On to my normal day! 

This morning I made pancakes and a smoothie.


For lunch I decided I wanted spaghetti. I decided to make a meat sauce using turkey and my own tomato sauce creation. I also added a couple jalapeno peppers to give it a kick. This is a trick from my mom she always wants to add a little spice to the dish. 



Today at the gym I am planning to do a carido workout because I am SORE. Yesterday was quite the workout in the weight room. 

Today I am planning to do 45 minutes on the elliptical a quick mile run and stretching. I am working on new workout plans to post soon. 

After my workout I decided to try a new recipe that Duane vetoed last week but I wanted. 

Roasted Cauliflower
Spices: Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic Salt and Pepper 
One head of cauliflower broken into small bites 
Place in a large bowl a dab of olive oil and add spices 
Place on a baking sheet and roast for about 10 minutes

I give it a thumbs up and Sophie agreed! 

YUM!! 


This weeks weigh in: lost 1.4 pounds. 148.8 


No comments:

Post a Comment