Saturday, August 25, 2012

Busy Saturday

While yesterday was a rest day today has been a run day! Sophie and I got up at 6 when Duane called-I won't lie I wanted to stay in bed but Saturday sleep is not in Sophie's vocabulary.


I quickly ran off to the store in order to get groceries for the week. It is so much easier if I have food in the fridge to make.  I am slowly trying to drop "bad" carbs out of my diet. I love nothing more than chips and salsa. I am trying to have veggies or a fruit instead of some kind of chip. After the store I completed the weekly house chores. I never know how a dog and one person can be so messy! 

For lunch today I made a salmon salad! I usually love tuna but I am hook on salmon lately and its about the same cost- my packets today were 88 cents! 

1 packet salmon
2 tsp Dijon mustard  
2 tsp light mayo
chopped cucumber 
chopped green pepper 
chopped tomato 
chopped green onion 
Salt and pepper 


I also made me a new smoothie since I bought a blender! In the smoothie I added: 

1 Frozen banana
1/2 cup strawberry Greek yogurt 
1 Handful of Spinach 
Splash of Almond milk 

It was delicious and it was a cool green color. (Be jealous of my cool Dallas Cowboys glass) 


I have not decided what I am going to do for workout today. I have a couple of ideas and will update what I did later. Have a great Saturday! 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment